Photography Workshops & Mentor Sessions
Just Announced: Group photography workshops are booking for 2018:
Please call to reserve your spot - Seating is limited!
In this instant gratification world of digital photography, do you wish you could create images that translate with what you see in your "minds eye"? You can see the image, you just don't know out how to tell your camera to do it! During this in-depth photography workshop learn how to create stunning images that get attention with this workshop from Nichols + Company Photography.
Instructor Matt Nichols has 24+ years of photography experience, over 18 years as a full-time photographer and lectured to all levels of photography students from beginners, hobbyists and semi-professionals and has taught college course / level classes at a local University.
Group Workshops: $150.00 for a 2-hour workshop on using your DSLR camera and easy to replicate techniques that you can practice every time you pick up your camera.
- Hands-on class covers all camera exposure controls, ISO, aperture / shutter speeds, color balance, image composition and more!
- Discover different types of available light and how to see, bend and use it to your advantage.
- Also learn how focus works, depth of field and lens selection can make a difference in your final composition.
- The use of flash, reflectors and scrims in outdoor photography will also be discussed.
- BYO camera equipment, camera manual, notebook to instructors downtown photography studio for workshop
Classes held from 10AM - Noon OR 1PM - 3PM on Saturdays. Workshop is limited to 20 Students with a minimum of 5. Private One-On-One sessions may also be scheduled for a more personal experience and hands on shooting.
- Students will also receive a simple easy to read booklet of info discussed in class to take home and review. Bring your camera gear, camera manual and a notebook for note taking.
- Class consists of 2 hour hands on instruction including time for of Q & A's. Instructor encourages any photography related questions, nothing is off limits! Make a list before class and try to stump Matt!
Private One-On-One (1on1) Workshops: $250 for 2 hours and offers a more personalized session. 1on1 Workshops may also include shooting in the field with a model at a location of your choosing OR at the studio with your model, wardrobe and props.
The fine print:
• Buy as many as you like (Workshop makes a great gift for your shutterbug or parent + child day date)
• Valid only for tickets on the date[s] of the event as listed and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates after event date.
• A refund may only be collected within 24 hours of your purchase; no refunds permitted on day of event
• Customer must have a digital SLR camera that allows use of the manual settings, call 816-474-4910 with any questions
• All services must be redeemed during a single visit by same customer